Selling a business is a time-consuming and complicated process and most businesspeople are not experienced in the numerous steps and legal aspects of selling a business.
In addition, most owners do not have the time to sell their own company due to demands of the day-to-day operations of their business.
Following are some of the issues to deal with:
- Prepare a business history/summary
- Prepare detailed financials
- Product/services information
- Company history
- Industry experience/background
- Company & Industry literature
- Employee data
- Growth history
- Referral information
- Decide what type of sale
- Market your business aggressively
- Meet with qualified buyers
- Screen buyers
- Manage the due diligence process
- Accept an offer
- Prepare the purchase agreement
- Handle the closing
Baker Group is proud to accomplish all the important steps involved in bringing an interested acquirer to the table. Bringing about a successful transaction involves timing, talent, experience, and practice, among many other attributes.